Sunday, January 3, 2010

Peanut Butter Mustache

We had a great Christmas.  The boys were able to get a lot of the gifts they were hoping for plus a few others.  It was also a great chance for us to bring a little more of the spirit into our home.  We enjoyed hearing the Christmas story again this year.  It was a challenge for me to listen while wrestling the two babies but we did our best.

Among the gifts that the boys got was a Rock Band set for the Wii.  David and the boys have had such a good time with this.  Kamron loves to play the drums but hates having to sing.  Jordan seems to like singing more than anything else but plays guitar well too.  David just loves playing.  He makes everyone take turns with everything so they all have fun doing it all.

Christmas and New Year 040

We were able to have some Woody and Jimmy come over one night just after Christmas.  The boys were so excited to have their cousins over.  We were hoping they could make it back for a few more nights, but that didn’t work out.  I think they are all still a little upset about that.

Christmas and New Year 006   Christmas and New Year 004

Today, Peyton became a Sunbeam (the class for three year olds at church.)  He was so cute.  He sat so quietly in his chair and was great.  He made a blue construction paper crown, with star stickers all over that said, “I am a child of God.”  He was so proud of his crown.  He wore a very handsome sweater today to church with some nice corduroy pants and…some yellow rain boots!  He was so cute!!  He was too cute to tell him “No.”

Peyton's Crown 004 Christmas and New Year 038

The picture of Peyton here is of his peanut butter mustache.  I am not quite sure how he managed to do it, but he was eating apple slices and peanut butter.  He got it all over, and tried to lick it clean, thus resulting in the oh, so attractive and manly looking peanut butter mustache. 

Brandon in getting into everything these days.  I have now installed a series of figure eights, made from bungee cords, to our dining room chairs to keep him off of the table.  It is working well.  He is not too happy about it but as I tell David “Not my problem.”

The boys in our house (primarily Brandon) 14 or 15 ornaments this year.  So as you might have guessed the bottom of our tree was practically undecorated for us this year.  I retrieved balls, bats and even a fire place poker from this tree this year.  I am just glad it was still standing by the time Christmas got here.

Christmas and New Year 001 We are happy and loving life here in the Heath house.  I have made a new commitment that David is helping me with, and that is too keep up with this blog on a weekly basis.  So, especially now that we have a working camera, you will get updates from us more often.  Lots of love to you and yours and Happy New Year!!

1 comment:

  1. Yeah! I can't wait to catch up with the Heath's each week! I LOVE his mustache, by the way....:)

    ReplyDelete